Sonntag, 1. April 2012

Postcrossing

Maybe some of you have heard about Postcrossing before. I came across it a while ago when I started my Day Zero Project and thought it was a great idea.

Here's what it's all about: You register with your full address and start sending postcards to random people in the database. Each postcard has an ID, with which they are registered. You have to write the ID on the postcard you send and the person receiving the card will then register it. You can only have a certain amount of postcards travelling, depending on how many of your postcards have already been received and registered. Shortly after sending your first postcard(s) you will start receiving postcards from random places.

I was a little anxious about leaving my full address online at the beginning, but so far I have only received postcards from around the world, and have not noticed an increase in advertisement sent to my home.

I love this project. I think it is so much fun sending postcards and even more fun receiving them. Finally there's real mail in my mailbox, not just advertisements or bills :) So go check it out!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen